RESPONSIBILITIES OF FACILITY USERS
- Use of any church facilities must be requested and granted by the Facility Coordinator. If the Facility Coordinator is not available and it is an urgent matter, contact the Office Manager.
- When a scheduled meeting/event is cancelled, the Facility Coordinator must be notified
as soon as possible. This will avoid running the air conditioning/heat system unnecessarily.
- It is the responsibility of the user group to set up tables and chairs.
- In the Community Center, the user group also is responsible to take down and put away the tables and chairs.
- Exceptions are acceptable if it is coordinated with the next following group and approved by the Facility Coordinator.
- In the church the tables and chairs may be left in place.
- The room(s) should be left clean.
- Floors should be left free of debris and food; mop when necessary.
- Brooms, dustpan and mops are stored in the Janitor closet, in the Community Center.
- Vacuum cleaners are in the west hallway storage room in the church.
- Trash should be emptied in the dumpster if full or when it contains food or drink.
- Clean liners/garbage bags should be replaced in trash/garbage cans.
- A supply of liners and garbage bags are stored in a clearly marked kitchen drawer.
- KITCHEN USAGE
- When using the kitchen, all used dishes must be washed, dried and put away.
- Do not leave dishes in the drain board.
- Countertops must be wiped clean.
- Used dish cloths and towels must be taken to be washed and returned to the kitchen.
- Do not leave unmarked food in the refrigerator unless you notify someone in the office.
- When putting food in the kitchen or refrigerator, mark it with the group name or the individual’s name and the date.
- Trash must be emptied in the dumpster.
- SECURING THE BUILDING
- At least two (2) people in a user group must be able to properly unlock and lock the building(s).
- The last group to leave is responsible for securing the building.
- Part of the lockup procedure is to walk through the building(s), checking all rooms to ensure all people are out of the building prior to setting the alarm.
- When someone leaves a building after the alarm is set, the alarm will be activated and St. Joseph will be fined by the Arlington Police Department.
- Keycards and keys must not be loaned or given to another person. If necessary, keycards may be obtained from the Facility Coordinator. For proper instruction on unlocking and locking the building(s) contact the Facility Coordinator.
- No helium balloons are allowed.
- User groups are not permitted to change any setting on the church sound system without authorization of the Director of Liturgy and Music prior to each occurrence.
- All groups must adhere to all Keeping Children Safe Guidelines. This includes ensuring children are not outside or inside the buildings without proper supervision.
Please share this information with your ministry/group members. Failure to adhere to these requirements will jeopardize your group’s use of the facilities
Facility Coordinator, Irene Salters
817-472-5181, ext. 1012
Office Manager, Anita Favila
817-472-5181, ext. 1003
Director of Liturgy and Music, Tim Jacquet
817-472-5181, ext. 2000
Thank you for your efforts to keeping the facilities at St. Joseph Catholic Church clean and safe for all parishioners and visitors.
Very Rev. Daniel Kelley